21.3.12

The Life...


Before you say it, I know I know, im so baaaad! I haven't had time to update in a hot minute and it feels like i´ve been uber neglectful. Soz!

My life has been a bit crayy (i've been using that word in surplus amounts of late - I love it) so here's the lowdown:

I recently moved outta my parents house *hums Independent Women by Destinys Child* and while the utter peace and quiet, copious amounts of food and snacks that I struggle to eat *nomnomnom* and marathon sessions of television watching, falling asleep on my sofa only to wake up in a daze at 1:52am to crawl into bed are very enjoyable aspects of living alone, I can't help but feel disenchanted with the whole thing already.

Why did my rent go up?

Why's Council Tax so expensive?

Why do my neighbours think its cool to drill stuff on the walls at 11:49pm?

Why did Comet snitch to the TV License people when I bought my television?

These are only a few questions that need answering but on the whole its pretty cool having my own space!

As opposed to having a house warming party, I have opted for the "come have a meal round mine" route cos allows having bare people up in me gaff, rubbing up against the walls, sitting on the sofa arm rests and spilling drink on my rug *shudder*.

Majority of my nearest and dearest have graced my flat with their presence and I've even received a few housewarming gifts. Check them out:

Yes, thats a pineapple!

In addition to setting up my humble abode...

I have been temping now for about four months and have had three main contracts. My first one was pretty cool, was working for a well known department store in their HR team doing a bitta this and a bitta that, cool team, nice vibes, used some sorta 30% off voucher they gave me for staff friends or family or wallevs, bought myself some fragrance and black Chuck Taylors. That was a good day *sigh*

Next I moved onto some marketing company and that was -___- yea, lets just say I didn't go uni to do the kinda stuff I was doing there. We'll leave it at that...

Now i'm at a high street denim company and its AH-mazing! Office is really nice, low wooden beamed ceilings exposed brick wall and all that jazz. They have a panini machine in the kitchen like its nothing and they also get bread delivered to the office! I personally think that's sick, I basically come in in the morning, switch on my computer, check my emails and then have two slices of white or malted bread, depending on my mood. Last week cos the Flora ran out, I had a dip of someones peanut butter, I quickly ate it in the kitchen and then washed my plate and knife to get rid of the evidence cos allows getting into office skirmishes!

Oh yea...

Me and @JessFromWest went out on Saturday night and on the way back, the Blackwall Tunnel was closed and what was spose to be a 24 minute journey took us over an hour, that wasn't funny but it was hilarious at the same time

Also...

A couple weeks ago, Annie at work was like "Does anyone want to go and see the Wizard of Oz for free tonight?" at first I said no cos I wanted to spend the evening washing my hair before it was due to be put into weave the next day but then I thought to myself ´whats wrong with you? You granny!´ so I told Annie that I would be down and the next thing I know, im sitting in the Royal Circle at the London Palladium, watching an Andrew Llyod Webber musical... was sick!

And aww man...

My homegirl Ines has gone back to France...she´s taken her joie de vivre back home for a bit then shes off to Hong Kong in April, aint no stopping her!

And while i'm here can I just say that...

I can't, I just can't with Ben Mitchell!

One minute my man is doing a tappa tappa dance in The Vic, baking cakes and following Abby around like a loser. Next minute he's bashing Jordan over the head with wrenches in The Arches, doing arm curls in pen and murdering my girl Hev with a photo frame that she got from Shirl! Needless to say, I'm hooked!

Well that's all for now but it feels good to be back to blogging, I promise I'll try to be about more

x


No comments:

Post a Comment